In her book “The Top Five Regrets of Dying,” nurse Bronnie Ware (2012) highlights wisdom told to her by several of her dying patients:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
This week, I’m challenging myself to implement at least one of these practices. I challenge you, too.
Reference: Ware, B. (2012). The top five regrets of dying: A life transformed by the dearly departing. Carlsbad, CA: Hay House.